Dear Parents: Kindergarten registration for the 2013-2014 school year begins on January 28th. We are hosting a parent information session on Thursday, February 7th at 7pm for new families. Please view the WEJ home page for a more detailed information. Thank you.
General Kindergarten Information
Getting ready to start? Here are some tips on how you can help.
- Look for shoes and clothing items that your child can do independently (Velcro, snaps etc.)
- Provide healthy bite sized snacks in containers that they can open and close independently
- Ensure backpack is big enough for large library books and lunches, but also fits on your child’s back properly
- Involve them in choices that pertain to them (What’s in their lunch? What should they wear? Etc.)
- Practice and model listening, turn taking and responding to others appropriately
- Start following regular bedtime and morning routines a few weeks before school starts
- Please keep personal toys and such at home where they are safe
Links to helpful resources…
(School Board specific parent information)
(School Board information regarding the kindergarten program)
(Great information about how balanced school days work and tips to pack
lunches for them)
(Provincial information regarding the kindergarten program and tips – available in different languages!)