Dear WEJ Parents.
The Earl Electronic Recycling fundraiser will be happening this weekend on Sat April 20th from 9 am to 3pm at the back of the school.
We welcome any old, broken or unused electronics for free recycling by the Ontario Electronic Stewardship . The proceeds raised from this collection site will be used to support students in need.
For the full list of accepted items visit
Ms. S (on behalf of Earl of March )
Yesterday morning ( April 16th ) , in collaboration with Ottawa Police, our school held a practise lockdown drill at approximately 9:30am.
Our School Resource Officer, Constable Brad Peak, and his partner were here with us to run this exercise. Overall, our staff and students did very well. The building was quiet, students waited for instructions and best of all, the practise was taken very seriously by the entire student body.
This practise exercise lasted approximately 30 minutes. I’d like to thank the students for how they performed yesterday. They are a great group to work with!
Good morning everyone.
OSTA has cancelled all student transportation today. This means that both bus routes to and from school will not run.
Parents may drop off their children by car today. The school is open. Pick up time is 3:45pm.
What: Parent Presentation by Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
When: Thursday, April 11th, 7 to 9 pm
Topic: Our Children Online
Click on the registration form here: 2013 Our Children Online Parent Pres community school invit
A friendly reminder about 3 things:
1. Our schoolyard is very wet at the moment. Please make sure your student has appropriate footwear for wet and muddy conditions. Thank you.
2. Our calendar page has many new updates. Please have a look for upcoming events.
3. Our next school council meeting will be on Tuesday, April 23rd at 7pm in the staffroom. Some discussion topics include: Transition team update, Earl of March Addition update & Ms. Shirley will share plans for next year’s school & class organization (for Sept 2013).
On behalf of the staff, I’d like to wish all of our WEJ Families an enjoyable long weekend. A reminder that there are no classes tomorrow because of Good Friday & Easter Monday is also a holiday.
Have a safe & wonderful long weekend. We will see you on Tuesday, April 2nd.
Dear WEJ Parents:
Here is a brief summary of what occured at last Monday (March 25th) night’s meeting at Earl of March regarding the grade 7/8 addition & consultation:
- the meeting began in the staffroom where parents heard a presentation by Superintendent Grigoriev, Superintendent Michael Clark, Miro Vala from Facilities and EOM Principal Jon Harris.
- the projected budget is $10.7M
- public consultation should be completed by June 2013 because this project has an extremely tight timeline. The building is expected to open for September 2015.
- there are 3 feasible locations where the addition could go. Please click on the link below to view PDF versions of Options 1, 2 and 3.
- at the end of the breakout sessions, parents gave an informal show of hands as to which option they supported. An overwhelming response was in favour of Option 3.
- you can view the proposed drawings on the Board’s website: (http://www.ocdsb.ca/sch/Pages/EarlofMarchAddition.aspx).
- parents who were not able to attend the March 25 meeting and would still like to submit comments to the Board’s Planning department, may do so. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- lastly, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact the WEJ parent representatives on the Transition Team: Sandie Cramm or Joanne Irwin at email@example.com
A hard copy letter went home with your students this afternoon about the Public Meeting on Monday, March 25th at Earl of March. Click here to view the e-copy:
transition meeting invite #1
In addition, click here to view the agenda for Monday night’s meeting: EOM Agenda March 25
Once again, we hope you will be able to attend.
Today, from 2:30pm to 3:30pm, the staff & students at WEJ participated in Earth Hour. We dimmed the lights & turned off equipment that wasn’t being used. Will your household be participating on Saturday evening?
Have a wonderful weekend.
Dear WEJ Parents:
On behalf of the Earl of March Grade 7 to 12 Transition Team, you’re invited to attend the first public consultation meeting on Monday, March 25th at 7pm at EOM.
At this introductory meeting, you will be able to view proposed addition sites on the EOM property, meet the various members of the Transition team, ask questions and provide input towards important construction considerations.
This meeting is open to parents, staff members, students & community members. Please note that there will be additional meeting dates scheduled in the coming weeks in the event that you are not able to attend this one.
Thank you & we hope you are able to join us.